Head of Risk Management at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Head of Risk Management
- You will be responsible for the investigation, analysis and assessment of risk, and the design and implementation of strategies and processes which mitigate threats to the successful delivery of the organisation’s corporate and business plans, and desired outcomes.
In particular you will:
- Develop and implement the Jumia NG risk management plan and strategy, communicate expectations and obligations through Heads of Departments (HODs) and managers, and monitor and report on performance to improve Jumia NG risk profile.
- Identify and detect potential threats to brand reputation, financial sustainability, operational efficiency, workforce investments and safety to fully develop a shared understanding for the Jumia NG risk exposure.
- Conduct or oversee the conduct of regular risk assessments and preparation of all documentation related to risk assessment, and reviews of standard operating procedures ensuring that recommended improvements are fully implemented.
- Deliver regular risk analysis reports to the Jumia NG HODs and Senior Leadership, complete with actionable plans for avoidance or prevention of possible threats at all levels. Lead implementation of programs designed to anticipate and to minimise threats to Jumia NG
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Economics, Management or Law.
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CISA or other relevant higher business degree
- Risk management certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years risk management experience in a reputable organization with strong risk management skills, with at least five (5) years at managing the strategic direction of a business risk unit.
- Substantial experience of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice
- Excellent management experience, including change management, with experience of successfully engaging with staff and the Board.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Read Also: Project Support Officer at United Purpose